Welcome Back! Please login below. If you are not yet a member, why not register? Enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back! Please login below. If you are not yet a member, why not register? Enjoy!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) 31We have now opened a new Build server! IP: 188.165.193.102:27016General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) 31

+3
HikariMisako
BeatAlex
Samuel Hall
7 posters

General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE)

Samuel Hall
    Samuel Hall
    Map Designer
    Map Designer

Number of posts : 50
    In-Game Name : Jarate Tutor Sam

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-19

General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Empty General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE)

Post by Samuel Hall Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:14 pm

If you have problems with maps, or making certain types of buildings look correct, textures, displacements or anything else, post them here following this framework.

Topic: (This could be prop placement, brushwork, doors, ANYTHING that you have trouble in hammer with)

I want to do this: (This is what you're asking and / or requesting from the mapping moderators, it could be: Prefabs, fixing up a map, adding lights, making doors work properly, debugging area portals, anything that you're having trouble with doing and want someone to help with)

Other info: (Any other information like brushcount, displacement details (power setting(don't ever set above 3)) or anything to do with how you want us to help)

Thanks.

POST ALL BELOW.
    BeatAlex

Number of posts : 21
    In-Game Name : BeatAlex

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-06

General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Empty Re: General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE)

Post by BeatAlex Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:14 pm

One thing I would LOVE to know, if you have a normal wall. How the hell do you cut a bit out and make a window in there?

I know about breakable windows and stuff, but how do you just cut a little bit out?
    Samuel Hall
    Samuel Hall
    Map Designer
    Map Designer

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Empty Re: General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE)

Post by Samuel Hall Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 pm

You would make the wall into a few pieces and just position/stretch them to make a hole for the window. Do not use carve tool EVER.
    HikariMisako
    HikariMisako
    Operator
    Operator

Number of posts : 294
    In-Game Name : [BS]HikariMisako

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-17

Post by HikariMisako Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Samuel Hall wrote:Do not use carve tool EVER.
    Quoted for truth study
    The Erik
    The Erik
    Operator / Moderator
    Operator / Moderator

Number of posts : 1545
    In-Game Name : [BS] The Erik

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue43 / 10043 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-06-08

Post by The Erik Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Samuel Hall wrote:Do not use carve tool EVER.

i haven't had that much trouble with the carve tool.. maybe that wasn't an issue in hammer 1.5?
    TNTX32
    TNTX32
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 250
    In-Game Name : |BS|TNTX32

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Post by TNTX32 Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:17 pm

I've been using carve tool a lot and nothing's f*cked up. He say that because you may get leaks, and you don't want to get a leak...
    tech n9ne
    tech n9ne

Number of posts : 107
    In-Game Name : scouter

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Post by tech n9ne Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 pm

How do I make a spawnpoint?
    Samuel Hall
    Samuel Hall
    Map Designer
    Map Designer

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by Samuel Hall Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 am

Use info_playerstart. Sorry I've been away, it's hard to stick with loads of forums. I'm back, check my map I've just released.
    tech n9ne
    tech n9ne

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by tech n9ne Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks Razz
    Your map looks awesome, I'll download it when I get cs:s
    Samuel Hall
    Samuel Hall
    Map Designer
    Map Designer

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by Samuel Hall Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 pm

You don't need CSS bud, I included the skybox materials.
    tech n9ne
    tech n9ne

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by tech n9ne Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh okay
    Westlund
    Westlund
    Hello! I'm new!
    Hello! I'm new!

Number of posts : 6
    In-Game Name : [BS]Westlund

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by Westlund Sat May 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey, need some help with Source SDK and hammer.
    I can't choose The Engine version, it only shows Source engine 2006,2007 and 2009.
    And when I start up hammer, there should be 4 boxes with 1 camera and 3 boxes with some lines, but all the boxes are black.
    Westlund
    Westlund
    Hello! I'm new!
    Hello! I'm new!

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by Westlund Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 pm

None knows how to fix this? :/
    The Erik
    The Erik
    Operator / Moderator
    Operator / Moderator

Number of posts : 1545
    In-Game Name : [BS] The Erik

Credits Credits :
    General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Left_bar_bleue43 / 10043 / 100General help with mapping (POST ALL HERE) Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-06-08

Post by The Erik Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Westlund wrote:None knows how to fix this? :/
    I haven't dabbled with Hammer at all, so I wouldn't know, but I'll let you know if I find something.
    Westlund
    Westlund
    Hello! I'm new!
    Hello! I'm new!

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Post by Westlund Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 am

The Erik wrote:
    Westlund wrote:None knows how to fix this? :/
    I haven't dabbled with Hammer at all, so I wouldn't know, but I'll let you know if I find something.

Okay, thanks Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm