Welcome Back! Please login below. If you are not yet a member, why not register? Enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back! Please login below. If you are not yet a member, why not register? Enjoy!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op 31We have now opened a new Build server! IP: 188.165.193.102:27016A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op 31

+11
Andyator
MobBoss
Bam
TNTX32
Justen
HikariMisako
LilDood
The Erik
KaMaKaZe
VADE
Longino
15 posters

A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op

Longino
    Longino
    Senior Operator
    Senior Operator

Number of posts : 124
    In-Game Name : Longino

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue58 / 10058 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-18

A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Empty A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op

Post by Longino Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 am

So, yesterday I and tom were playing on the server, at some point i spawned my berkut GP (General Purpose), built a dock for it and moored it; then made myself a small sunshade with a chair, tom moored one of his planes to the dock and we stayed there for a while.
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50r.th
    Flatgrass_construct is a nice map, but we thought we could improve the panorama a bit, don't ask me why but at some point we were on flatgrass. i forgot why, a crash maybe...
    My change map menu was broken and i wanted to go back to the beach so that i could listen to "Selling the england by the pound" while looking at the sea; not being able to change map i figured out i might aswell make a mountain chalet to look down from, while i was trying to figure out the chalet, Tom started making a beach out of props with some "water", we liked the idea and develped it more....
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmflatgrass0028
    Tom surrounded the seashore with rocks, i added a wooden catwalk from the airport to the beach and to the control tower; the main idea was to ferry people with the Berkut Airliner, but if you ever saw it, it is quite difficult to bring it to a stop. So i implemented arresting wires
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmflatgrass0027
    The plane was fitted with an hook on the front wheel to catch the PHX beams that were constrained to some frozen barrels using elastics, it turned out pretty well, never had to abort the approach, yet i fitted a second cable, you know, safety first
    A glimpse of the airfield
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmflatgrass0025s
    After that, in exchange for girls and beer, Kama came around, and that's when nice became epic.
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmflatgrass0032
    He spawned the small mountain to the right and found us great materials for sand and water, after linking the small mountain to the rest we thought it was epic.
    BUT, my clumsiness made me move a frozen rock from my mountain, revealing the huge, empty innards, which are there just for storage, when i actually make an elevator there...
    for some reason i had the idea of building an hotel in there, some of the sea was inside the cave afterall, it looked nice as an indoor swimming pool... Kama also made a cave in my cave that had a waterfall too... Then gmod betrayed us: the server crashed before we could dupe.
    Despite trying to restart from an older dupe we just couldn't bring ourselves to it...

Today I and Tom started working on it again, on flatgrass, since my map menu was still broken, we finished the damn thing, with the hotel inside, we duped it and then went on construct_flatgrass so that we could use real sand and real water
    Here's the result
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50
    There was a rock under the tower but i accidentaly deleted it
    The Berkut GP and Vade's sailboat moored at the docks
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50t
    The airfield and the catwalk
    The catwalk continues inside the mountain....
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50l
    REVEALING THIS! An hotel with a bar and a single room, plus an indoor swimming pool!
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50o
    Tom took care of the bar's furniture
    The bedroom, which has a great view of the pool
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Gmconstructflatgrassv50a
    Then Vade went fishing and he managed to catch a fin propelled shark! DINNERTIME!
    The bloody thing just wouldn't die so I and Tom unloaded a few clips in it before Vade could put it on the grill. Chef Vade at your service!

Long story short: cooperation helps making epic things

A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Empty Re: A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 am

Very Happy Epicness, we gotta make somthing more epicer' again sometime Very Happy

P.S Bam u gotta sticky this one! XD
    VADE
    VADE
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 234
    In-Game Name : Vade/Vadkatana

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue0 / 100 / 10A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-23

A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Empty Re: A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op

Post by VADE Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:28 am

Chef Vade FTW
    KaMaKaZe
    KaMaKaZe

Number of posts : 87
    In-Game Name : [BS] KaMaKaZe

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-12-14

Post by KaMaKaZe Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 am

lol i laughed hard when you said you emptied a few clips into it
    VADE
    VADE
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 234
    In-Game Name : Vade/Vadkatana

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-03-23

Post by VADE Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 am

it needed some kind of sauce
    The Erik
    The Erik
    Operator / Moderator
    Operator / Moderator

Number of posts : 1545
    In-Game Name : [BS] The Erik

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue43 / 10043 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-06-08

Post by The Erik Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Awesome, you guys have been busy :p
    LilDood
    Hello! I'm new!
    Hello! I'm new!

Number of posts : 6
    In-Game Name : [HH]LilDood

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-16

Post by LilDood Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 pm

I like this, I like it a lot!
    HikariMisako
    HikariMisako
    Operator
    Operator

Number of posts : 294
    In-Game Name : [BS]HikariMisako

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-17

Post by HikariMisako Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:41 pm

awesome Very Happy
    Justen
    Justen
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 271
    In-Game Name : Justen [BS]

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-10-22

Post by Justen Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 pm

NICE ! Very Happy
    TNTX32
    TNTX32
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 250
    In-Game Name : |BS|TNTX32

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Post by TNTX32 Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Best. Thing. Ever.

I want you to do that in the advert Very Happy
    Bam
    Bam
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1952
    In-Game Name : [BS] Bam

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by Bam Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 pm

That's impressive! Must of taken you guys hours, but yeah, things can easily increase in funness with cooperation ^^
    MobBoss
    MobBoss

Number of posts : 16
    In-Game Name : -[AS]-Mob Boss

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-07-07

Post by MobBoss Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:15 pm

this is the biggest epic win ever. and probably a pretty bad bump sorry O.o but its just soOO EPIC! you could use this as a set for a gmod horror movie !
    Andyator
    Andyator

Number of posts : 28
    In-Game Name : [BS] Andyator [GU]

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post by Andyator Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:48 am

Dude thats AWESOME! I wouldve loved to be there!
    Theres so much creativity I can see it coming out of the TEXT!
    Epoch
    Epoch

Number of posts : 50
    In-Game Name : [BS] Epoch

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Epoch Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:39 pm

PLease tell me you guys Adv. Duped that. I want. Very Happy
    Longino
    Longino
    Senior Operator
    Senior Operator

Number of posts : 124
    In-Game Name : Longino

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue58 / 10058 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2008-11-18

Post by Longino Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:45 pm

It's duped and as 99.9% of the stuff I make I ain't giving it away, maybe Tom will, he has a dupe too
    So far the only duped things i gave away are my silly bleriot plane and the smallboat i put in the dupe's public folder on the uk
    Epoch
    Epoch

Number of posts : 50
    In-Game Name : [BS] Epoch

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Epoch Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 am

Longino wrote:It's duped and as 99.9% of the stuff I make I ain't giving it away, maybe Tom will, he has a dupe too
    So far the only duped things i gave away are my silly bleriot plane and the smallboat i put in the dupe's public folder on the uk

Lol, Gotcha.
    HamNJelly
    HamNJelly
    Operator
    Operator

Number of posts : 47
    In-Game Name : Ham N Jelly

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-07-03

Post by HamNJelly Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 pm

one word, pro.
    josiahct
    josiahct

Number of posts : 44
    In-Game Name : Leeroy

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post by josiahct Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:26 pm

VADE YOUR FISH!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? is he ok?
    | BS | B.P.D811
    | BS | B.P.D811

Number of posts : 59
    In-Game Name : | BS | B.P.D811

Credits Credits :

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-07-02

Post by | BS | B.P.D811 Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 pm

i want to live there. NOW!!! lol! its awesome, i want to see it in person though, bring it out on UK/Euro Build sometime. please Question Good Job
    TNTX32
    TNTX32
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Number of posts : 250
    In-Game Name : |BS|TNTX32

Credits Credits :
    A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A day at the beach OR how gmod gets epic with co-op Right_bar_bleue

Warnings! Warnings! :

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Post by TNTX32 Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Lol, try posting this on Facepunch, some butthurt will come and say "It sucks, I can do better" because he's a noob at gmod a jealous Mod will come and lock the thread for being an "attention seeker" Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am